Looking for Clay Employment 2012

5.jpg

Hello, 
     My name is Sam Hitchman, currently I am living in Cincinnati OH, and am looking to move to the Asheville area. I am currently working for a potter and a handmade tile manufacturer, and just recently left a large community studio where I was Director of Education and full time mold maker for a professional figurative sculptor.

     My girlfriend and I are looking to move to the Asheville area mostly for our love of the beautiful scenery, but also for me to continue my potting career. I have been working in clay for about 13 years now and I received my BFA in Ceramics and Metalsmithing from Miami University of Oxford, OH in 2010. I am contacting you today because I am trying to clay based employment. Our eventual plans are to open a studio/gallery in the area given we are totally enamored with our move (shouldn't be too hard!). 


    I have been trying to find employment in your area for a few months now so if I have already contacted you, please excuse the redundancy. If not my girlfriend and I are going to be making a trip down to the Asheville area to do some leg work the week of February 13th (our dates are completely finalized yet). If you would be interested in meeting me, even if you are not interested in picking up an employee, we would love to meet you, and hope to schedule a time. 


    I appreciate your time and any help you may be able to offer, if you happen to know of anyone who may be interested in picking up an employee please forward this information along. 


Thank you very much for your time,


Sam Hitchman 


hitchmss@gmail.com



Comments

Popular Posts