Websites for Artists

I have made a few websites and the best tool I have found is wix.com.

It's a what-you-see-is-what-you-get- interface and it only took me a couple of hours of playing with it to learn how to use it. It's mostly intuitive but they also have excellent video explanations if you get stuck.

Here are two examples of sites I made using wix: www.hudsonvalleypottery.com and www.alexisfeldheim.com

The hosting fees are average-$5-10/month and they also have mobile sites that come with your website hosting fee and they work on ipads and iphones as well as smartphones.

It sounds like I work for them...but I don't...it's just such a great tool for artists....I think everyone should know. (One warning: make your pics the right size for the web, 72 dpi, or your site will load slowly. They are working on an automatic resizing tool, but until it's available you must do it yourself.)

Good luck!

Alexis Feldheim

Comments

  1. Artist website development and design can be a daunting and expensive task. As an artists its better for you to build your website so it can reflect your vision. Learn HTML can be difficult so finding a good website building service can save you a lot of hassle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam. May take a while to see them posted.

Popular Posts