Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Stabilizer for glazes

Image result for Elisa Helland-Hansen

Elisa Helland-Hansen told me recipe to add to a glaze that is running too much ....and you want stiffen it without changing the qualities too much.

 You just mix up 258 g EPK and 240 g silica. Add incremental amounts of that to the glaze. You have to decide about how much ....so about 6% of the mixture will move it up a cone or so.

Conceptually it is like adding 1 EPK and 1 Silica. So you would add 1%EPK and 1% silica then test, 1% EPK 1% Silica for a total of 2% each, then, 3 etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam. May take a while to see them posted.