pictures of pots

I am looking for advice from fellow potters about a camera for taking pictures of my work. I just got a light tent and have lights and a graduated drop. However, I need to upgrade from my point and shoot. I want something that doesn't require a long learning curve if possible. Any advice would be welcome!

For publication, application to high end shows, etc, I have a great professional photographer, but I can't afford him for pics to post to my blog, facebook page, and similar sites and to use in postcards for shows.

Comments

  1. I have a little Panasonic point and shoot that I love for this. 12mp 12x zoom and a LEICA lens. Was $200 at Costco.If you are able to step up to a slr you can use a polarizing filter to help deal with shiny pots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my Canon for all images, blog, Facebook, books, magazines.

    Works great and the price is right for when I drop and break it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, John and Dennis. Both of you have been really helpful and reassured me that I didn't have to spend hundreds of dollars on an SLR. I opted for the Power Shot SX 210, and it should arrive from Best Buy in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just make sure you high megs like 14 and a macro, which I am sure the new ones have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine should be just like yours. It wasn't available in the store, but Best Buy had it on line.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam. May take a while to see them posted.

Popular Posts