Fixing cracks in porcelain handles

Comments

  1. My dentist gave me a curved syringe & I use that to force slip into hard to reach areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video, love how your glasses click together in the middle. Some of my clay bodies if I rub them with a wet sponge it brings out the grog when they are dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Porcelain is different from stoneware.

    Stoneware you have to just a stick to push the clay down. Like you say with a sponge, the grog come out. It takes out the fine particles and reveals the grog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are the niftiest glasses i've ever seen. Britt, you're the coolest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patsi Minnes from British Columbia sent them to me in a merciful attempt to get me out of my AARP downward spiral. The one where you have food bits on your glasses that hang around your neck with a moldy old cord.

    My question is what about the content of the video? ....Guess I should just try dressing better ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i thought you were demonstrating your new glasses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny, Guess the next video will be my new diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. diaper, I wouln't put it past you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Try the deflocculated slip. Way better than vinegar.

    Want to see my infected toe!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. John,

    Two questions. How dry can your porcelain be, before this method no longer fixes the cracks? Also, what's your favorite method of making deflocculated slip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bill, they can be bone dry. (and those were.)

    I make the deflocculated slip by taking throwing slip and then adding dry trimming scraps until thick. Then a couple of drops of Darvan 811. That thins it, then more dry trimming scraps. Then a bit more 811. Then dry trimming scraps. Then it is done.

    I am tired now! Nap time for grandpa!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam. May take a while to see them posted.

Popular Posts