Turn & Burn




At least once a day I get the question in either an email or phone call about my passion/obsession of old southeastern stoneware. Well here are a few places on the web you can visit and bone up on some of the old pots.

Mud, Sweat, and Tears has a pretty good site and regularly has new pots for sale. The pics are watermarked but I lift them anyway. Here is a southern pottery collector 'how-to' by Peter Wingard of MS&T.

Drexel Grapevine Antiques has lots of images and specialize in Catawba Valley wares.

Here is Phil Wingard's site. I met Phil at the Catawba Valley show last spring. He had a beautiful Chandler jar and a nice little Dave Drake jar.

Here you can find a few tiny images of some early NC earthenware from the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts, MESDA, in Winston-Salem, NC.
I sometimes get emails from eBay alerting me to new listings of old southern pottery. Every once in a while I will see a nice old crock.




If you are a southern potter you should be registered with southernpotters.com . It's a free listing!

Comments

Popular Posts