Ceramics Daily video


My latest video is a demo of a bowl like the one in this pic. Ceramics Daily posted it on their website. It's the 2nd one of mine that they used. Next week they'll post part 2. Here's a link- http://www.ceramicartsdaily.org./
I must say I'm having a lot of fun making these. Gives me a chance to learn the camera and the software. I'm trying to develop a "style" for these videos. Most pot demo vids are visual with the potter talking about what's going on. Sort of like a workshop. My idea is to edit down to the bare bones, leave out the sound, add a cool sound track and insert text explanations when needed. I'm hoping the viewers get a good idea of the technique that I'm demonstrating but not take it as a "do exactly like this" type of instruction.
The Ceramics Daily site has a "comment" option with the videos and I got a lot of comments. The fun part is that I get to reply to the comments. Most of the comments are appreciative. Some offer me good suggestions for future videos. Some folks hated the music. Oh well- you can never please everyone with music. All the comments are welcomed.
On another note- the Clay Club meeting at Ferlazzo's was a lot of fun. I'd like to make a motion that all future Clay Club meetings be held there and that chicken wings and fishing poles are mandatory. I'd also like to nominate John Ferlazzo as president of the Clay Club.

Comments

Popular Posts