Chromium Oxide

I have a question...., is there a difference between Green Chrome Oxide and Chromium Oxide? I'm ready to do some test tiles (trying to get a burgundy or cranberry like color). The recipe calls for Chromium Oxide. I have some Green Chrome Oxide in stock and Highwater said they don't carry Chromium Oxide/don't know what that is, so I starts thinkin' to myself that these two might, in fact, be the same thing. (This wouldn't be the first time that this kind of thinking has led me astray, so I thought I'd ask!)

Comments

  1. Green chromium Oxide is the form of Chrome used in most glazes. It is the correct form used to achieve a burgundy or cranberry with the presence of Tin in the glaze. Hope this helps!
    You may want to try ordering your glaze chemicals from www.uspigment.com
    They have a good selection and great prices. They are also very knowledgeable and helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam. May take a while to see them posted.

Popular Posts