Arts Writer Offers Services

Hello NC Clay Clubbers!

My name is Katey Schultz and I am an arts writer living in Bakersville, North Carolina. I have been in and around the Penland and Celo communities for six years, though I originally moved here from Oregon. I’m writing today to announce some of my services as a writer. Aside from supporting myself with my writing, this summer I am specifically interested in saving my pennies to fund a trip to Alaska to attend a writing residency at the Wrangell Mountain Center. I hope you find the following information of service, and from one artist to another—thank you for your support.

Brief Bio:
My art essays have appeared in Ceramics Monthly, Ceramic Art & Perception, Surface Design Journal, Southern Arts Journal, Contemporary Impressions, Metalsmith Magazine, Mountain Xpress, and more. While I specialize in clay artists and essays about the creative process, my writing skills span all media.

Qualifications:
I am currently lead nonfiction editor for Silk Road and have 2 books forthcoming in 2009. I graduated in 2008 from Pacific University with an MFA in Writing and attend conferences annually for professional development. Artists I have written about include: Cristina Cordova, Lisa Clague, Elizabeth Brim, Jenny Lou Sherburne, Emily Reason, Melisa Cadell, Daniel Johnston, Kari Radasch, Hoss Haley, Jenny Mendes, and Terry Gess. For downloadable samples of my work, please visit my website: http://katey.schultz.googlepages.com or click here.

Services:
Critique and edit artist’s statement:
<250 words for $12 with optional review of your revision for $5 more
250-500 words for $17 with optional review of your revision for $7 more
500+ words please inquire

Other:
I have also helped artists write bios and web content for similar, affordable rates. I can revise resumes, grant applications, and graduate school essays. Please email or call for references and prices.

How:
I can be reached best via email: katey.schultz@gmail.com or at home, 828-688-3109. Generally speaking, these kinds of services are done electronically. You email me the document, I critique it and email it back to you, etc. Follow up emails and phone conversations often aid in the process. Payment by check is due before services rendered.

Thank you very much for your time!

Comments

Popular Posts