RIP Tracy Dotson

Tracy Dotson's Postcards

Tracy Dotson has passed away. He will be missed.  Tracy was a good guy who helped a lot of potters in our area with kilns and general pottery stuff.

E.g.:Here is Tracy in his element!



Here is one he built for Yummy Mud Puddle:



Claudia writes:

"My work took a dramatic turn when Tracy Dotson of Penland built my first gas reduction kiln. When firing in my electric kiln I relied heavily upon the use of colored slips and layering of glazes in order to get the depth of color I wanted in my work. Now I find I can use those same techniques in addition to the flame of the fire to achieve even greater color variation in my surfaces. A black wax line drawn onto the bisque fired pots just before glazing adds definition. A variety of clay bodies allows me to have both a warm and cool palette of pots."


An who can forget the fish scale pottery he and Catherine (Cappy) made for many years!
ctd1.jpg

An of course his finest creation---- Day Dotson!!!!!

Day Dotson


We will miss you Tracy!!


Comments

Popular Posts