Flexible Mind and Hose

Moving into the automotive area...My Toyota 1997 RAV 4 blew a hose for the power steering. I thought I could fix it myself so I went to get a replacement hose from the store. They didn't have one in stock so I got a foot of transmission hose and hoped that would do the trick. When I got home, I called to order the hose from Toyota but it cost $85.00! I guess it is heat formed or something. So I thought I would just try my transmission hose....



When I tried to install it, I had to get new clamps because the outside diameter was smaller. But I kept the  old clamps.  Once I had it on, I noticed it tried to kink.  That is bad because no fluid would flow through it. So I thought...what if I use these old clamps and put them on the kink to give it some structure.  Success....a $2.00 solution. 


Comments

  1. Funny, John. I just had to have my steering hose replaced this week also... in my 96 Toyota Corola. I like your method, rather than the cost of mine, about double yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we should keep in touch to see what will go next. Be prepared.200,000 miles so something will be breaking soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam. May take a while to see them posted.

Popular Posts