How to compete?

Cheryl just went to Wal-mart and got some new dinnerware ...I know ...a disgrace!  But the thing is she got :

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ten-Strawberry-Street-Simply-White-Round-16-Piece-Dinnerware-Set/14118809

Which is a 4 place setting-  with 4 dinner plates, 4 salad plates, 4 bowls and 4 cups for $20.00!!!

How is that possible!!??

How can potters compete?  I may just start going up to Wal-mart and buying my dinnerware and then put decals on them and resell them for $25.00. Wait a minute...I still couldn't make any money!!???

WTF!

Comments

  1. The way to compete is to raise your prices, to differentiate your work: us clowns know how to run a biz. Keep the fun in fun. We're on a different plateau, don't you see?

    Would you supply Walmart if asked? Aye, there's rub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're making good art, Wal-mart is selling crap. I don't see how you can even put yourself in the same category. To me it's sort of like saying "Wal-mart sells foot-ware for $4 so how can Ford or Toyota compete?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, could you come by with some of my concerned clay friends and preform an intervention and take them from me.... and make me break them, one by one in a trash can while repeating the phrase, Wake up asshole- hand made crafts have more "meaning".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam. May take a while to see them posted.

Popular Posts