UPS S*@#KS !!!

If I may interrupt the John Britt Soliloquy Blog to vent my frustrations with UPS.
Every other package I send via UPS arrives to it's destination with some form of damage. I refuse to take responsibility. Part of my job description after all, is "professional packager." I spend a great deal of time and money to abide by packing guidelines.
My other qualm is, where the hell can I ship things? Oh Spruce Pine Batch, how I miss thee.... UPS store? Paalease! My packages can't even fit through the door (that's what he said)! I can drive out to the UPS "hub," but make sure you don't show up there during their 4 HOUR lunch break. Yeah, they close from 11:30-3:30. My only remaining option is to pay $4 per package to have the UPS man pick up the package. What's another $4 on a $50 box to ship? It's my lunch from down the street damn it! (rather, across the river). I may be cheap, but I feel a little better now. Thanks for listening.

Comments

  1. Emily, I have better luck with FedEx Ground. They're open at lunchtime if you have to go there, too.

    What the heck is up with that 4 hour lunch hour anyway? I hate that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The UPS Store should be literally begging you for your business given the economy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually use the Post Office exclusively. In two years of shipping with them I have had no damage and priority mail gets there in 3 days and they will give you the boxes for free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Corner Post on Haywood in Asheville. Best place in town, and locally owned by a nice couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use the Post Office exclusively too - too much breakage with UPS - won't ever use them again. I like Fed X - but they aren't convenient for me right now. The post office has been great & (knock on wood) never broken anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for the post office too. I don't even double box things when I send them because, unlike UPS, all things are still hand carried. Work arrives on time and undamaged (and it's much cheaper as far as I can tell).

    ReplyDelete
  7. screw UPS! I too have always had good luck with the PO, but when I compare prices for large boxes they always seem to be much more expensive. Can you set up a business account w/ the PO and perhaps get better rates?
    Thanks y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use the Postal Service. 25 years.

    I did send some dinner ware by UPS but had the store pack it. It was nine place settings! $128!! to Louisana.

    I can't remember the name of the place but it was on 197. Call Penland Gallery . It is the place that they use. It was either Carmen or Leah who told me.

    Great deal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to prevent spam. May take a while to see them posted.

Popular Posts